In February 2013, Provincial leadership and ministry directors of the Congregation of the Blessed Sacrament invited me to help them update their web-presence in order to better
- Support their mission and ministries
- Promote vocations
- Engage current and future collaborators and supporters
- Advance education and Eucharistic evangelization
On January 22, 2014, the Congregation of the Blessed Sacrament launched a multisite WordPress network in support of their congregation and various ministries.
Our work was methodical and strategic. We first developed a master plan that took into account the charism and the needs and desires of the many audiences of the Congregation.
We organized the content and clarified the purpose and message of each of the four main websites:
- Congregation of the Blessed Sacrament which shares the life and ministry of the Blessed Sacrament priests, deacons, and brothers and the history and spirituality of the Congregation. It also includes the Ecumenical Corner blog and Vocation sub-sites
- Center for Eucharistic Evangelizing which supports the various educational programs of the Congregation and the Blessed Sacrament Associates
- Emmanuel Magazine. Through this site, readers can subscribe to both the print and new digital versions of Emmanuel magazine and purchase other Blessed Sacrament publications.
- Saint Ann Shrine which invites people to partner with the Congregation through prayer and contributions
John Sexton, Ph.D., co-founder and partner at Polymyth Productions was our website developer. His expertise in creating multisite networks insured that all of the sites are both unique in themselves and have a consistent look and feel as a group. We worked with John through the various stages of website development, agreeing on the structure of the sites, the look and feel of each one and finally the overall design. While that was taking place, the various ministry directors were busy writing content and selecting photos and images. The sites follow today’s trend of simplicity and easy navigation. They are responsive to the various mobile devices. Visitors to each of the sites have easy access to all of the sites.
This was a collaborative project involving the leaders and staff of the different ministries as well as the Congregation’s leadership. The result is a highly integrated and fully branded web presence over several sites.
It was a pleasure to work with the Congregation of the Blessed Sacrament website team members. I pray that their new web presence will achieve their goals and help them make God’s love revealed in the Eucharist more known and loved throughout the world.